Sunday, December 12, 2010

Model Call: Vee Wess


With measurements at 34-26-36, model, Vee Wess, also has the beauty, the smarts, and an alluring personality! Originally from North Carolina, Wess, has been featured in several modeling opportunities, featured roles, and promotional gigs. You've seen her partying with Idris Elba, looking pretty in pink beside Snoop Dogg, and in the movie Frost/Nixon. The North Carolina A & T alumni is definitely reppin' NC to the fullest!! ComplexSimplicity caught up with Vee to chat about her beauty regiment, how she balances work and motherhood, and what she's doing when she not in front of cameras!

"Do not expect results over night. It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice."




 
ComplexSimplicity: For those who may not know your back story, tell us how you got your start.
Vee Wess: I first became interested in modeling when I was in high school; my senior year. I started going to modeling school where I learned a lot, as far as personal development. It really improved my self-confidence. I started getting the real experience years later when I lived in Washington, DC. It was there that I had my first real photo shoot and also started attending auditions there and in New York.

CS: How would you describe "Vee Wess"?
Vee: "Vee Wess" is a mover and a shaker. Once I put my mind to something I can't rest until it's done. I will be moving and shaking for a long time because I have a lot I want to accomplish.

CS: You're an alumna of NC A & T University, how important was it for you to get your degree and finish your education before pursuing modeling?
Vee: Getting my degree was very important to me. I knew that it was something that I would always do. When I was in college I never really knew how to go about pursuing an acting or modeling career. My degree is in public relations/broadcast news and that is something I can always use throughout my career.

CS: So tell me, what does your beauty regiment and/or health and fitness routine consists of or is it all just good genes?
Vee: My beauty regiment is something that is so very important to me. Fitness not so much, but I am trying to do better. I definitely cleanse, tone, and moisturize my skin twice a day. I currently use CHANEL skincare and I am the biggest ambassador of their products. One thing I believe is you have to start taking care of your skin at an early age.

CS: I know you've been in a few movies, do you think you'd like to pursue a career in acting also?
Vee: Yes! I love acting. I love becoming someone else.

CS: When you're not in front of the camera, what are you doing?
Vee: When I am not in front of the camera I am a freelance makeup artist. I love makeup. You could say I have become a "junkie". I'm also a devoted mother and wife. I enjoy every minute of it. My family is my support system.

CS: What advice have you received to help you sustain your head in this (modeling) field?
Vee: This business is not the easiest to break into and if you want it bad enough you will have to work very hard at it.

CS: How do you balance motherhood and your modeling career?
Vee: When I became a mother I realized that I have to consider more than just myself now. The decisions I make will affect my daughter so I have to make sure that they are not made in haste.

CS: Do you possess any secret talents?
Vee: Not that I know of... maybe I will discover something later (laughs)!!!

CS: What advice would you give to any aspiring young woman that wants to pursue modeling as a career?
Vee: I always tell girls (as well as guys) to get started I would seek out a really good photographer to get a portfolio started. Once you have professional images to work with you can start submitting them to agencies and castings. Also, do not expect results over night. It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice.






For more information on Vee Wess, visit her website HERE, and follow her on Twitter or contact us at cmplxsimplicity@yahoo.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment