Monday, December 20, 2010

"Dancing is the Poetry of the Foot."

Dance and I have a long history together! I started African dance in the 7th grade and I mostly do modern and liturgical dance. I did just a niddle baby bit of tap and hip hop, but those were waaaay too technical for my liking. I stopped for a while 8 years to be exact but my gift of dance has been awakened and I am completely ready to use it!

Moral of this story, don't let go of your gift for people that don't appreciate it or don't understand it. What God gives to you, ain't for everyone to like, love, or understand! I let go of it, like I said, but I thank God that He allowed my gift and talent to stay with me! Maybe I'll start recording myself to upload on my YouTube channel. (I have to lose a couple of lbs but we'll see.. maybe!)

Anywho, with all of that being said, I really just wanted to share a few pics and one of my favorite videos from the
Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre. They are the absolute best!! Enjoy!













“We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.” ~Unknown



Blogger Templates

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I've been doing liturgical dance since I was 12. I was in church the other day and there was a man and woman doing mime and it brought me to tears b/c I haven't utilized my gift in almost a year. This just confirmed that I need to get back on it! P.S. You know Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre is coming to Fox in Feb!!!

    Thx for this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. thanks for the correction of liturigical! I'll be correcting that shortly. I haven't danced in 8 years honey but like I said, when I put my shoes and music on it came right back to me.. I was sore the next couple of days.. but it came back! lol

    Is that gonna be a show or just a special in Feb?? I must DVR it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. African dance, liturgical...it's all the same lol! I meant Fox Theatre in ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohh!! Lol.. umkay, umkay!! Dang, I should make that roadtrip to see that live and in person!

    ReplyDelete