Monday, August 16, 2010

... A Hard Thing to Do...

just in one of those moods, you know?

I Forgive You
by Jill Scott
(from The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours: The Poetry of Jill Scott)



I practice
I open my mouth wide for the "I"
Stick my bottom lip in for the "for"
Touch the roof of my mouth with my tongue
For the "give" and get stuck
"I forgive you"
I practice
Looking in the mirror for honest eyes
And a relaxed way when the words come
She didn't mean it I say
She didn't know I say
But you knew
You're so smart
You knew that this trouble would bubble in me
That I would need to pass this gas
You knew my pant size would climb
You knew my limited sleep would tense
And ultimately I would do it
I would forgive you
But I hate you for knowing me so well


Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment